Banner by K’sariya
There are five major sections of the URPG: Battling, writing stories, the National Park roleplay, participating in Contests, and drawing Pokémon.
Battles are the most popular aspect to the URPG, since there is no 4-move limit. Visit the link below to learn everything about Battles.
This is where you write a story to catch Pokémon or earn cash. Visit the link below to learn everything about Stories.
The URPG National Park allows trainers to catch Pokémon by interacting with other trainers and wild Pokémon through roleplaying. The smaller-scale runs are a nice medium for those who are new to RP or writing in general.
National Park Encyclopedia
Contests seem to be a favorite past time among some members. You are a Coordinator, and your aim is to win ribbons. Contest Credits can be earned along with cash, which can be exchanged for Pokémon, TMs, and more!
The Art Gallery lets members have a creative outlet while gaining rewards. Draw art pieces of Pokémon-related subjects and get it curated, and you just might have a chance of capturing the Pokémon that you’ve drawn or earning some cash! Visit the link below to learn more about the Art section.
Here’s a look at some important threads you might want to look at.
We have our very own Pokédex. You can use this to check for moves that your Pokémon learn, their evolution stages and methods, abilities, methods of obtaining, and more.
You can find all your shopping needs, as well as other different ways to buy items and Pokémon here! This includes The PokéMart, The Underground, and the Auction Room. All wages of the respective sections will also be posted here. For a more detailed description, please visit the Marketplace thread.
Want a better Pokémon? Want to evolve that Machoke into a Machamp? Want to trade away a mon for some items or TMs? Find someone else to trade with.
*Note that giving Pokémon or anything in your stats to another Trainer outside of trades or gift stations is ILLEGAL. You will not be allowed do this.
*Note also that the Trading Machine may be bypassed for trade evolutions with the purchase of a Link Cable.
These Pokémon can only be won through special contests, tournaments, or defeating the Elite Trainers. Legendary Pokémon can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the circumstances of obtainment. See this page for more information on how to obtain them. Legends will be recorded in the Legend Log.
This is where you can bring a topic up and want judgment on it upon the Moderators and Officials. It’s like a suggestion but for major topics only. You can take crimes to court also. Check the Court Rules on one of the links below before starting a thread.
Trainer’s Court Board
Records, Awards, and Member Respect Hall
If a member accomplished something for doing their part in the URPG history, they get their name here. Also listed with it are the URPG Member’s of the Year awards, which are held every year.
Apart from the Story Writing Competition, different events and tournaments are held from time to time. Some of these events include URPG Secret Santas, seasonal Auctions, annual URPG Awards, annual Gym Tournaments, and many more. Stay tuned so you don’t miss the fun!
- You take care of your own stats. This involves updating your record and money count. If you are doing multiple battles at once, you can update your stats after they are all over.
- Trainer stats can be made on the URPG forums, or they can be hosted off-site (e.g. Proboards, Zetaboards, WordPress). If you decide to move from the forum to other hosting or vice versa, be sure to post the new stats link in the Discord and let staff or a content upkeeper know so they can make any necessary updates.
- Clone accounts are illegal and thus an one-way ticket to getting banned.
- You post your own order.
- You must wait until your order is approved before you subtract the money from your stats or edit your Pokémon.
- You purchase your Daycare Moves (Breeding Moves, Move Tutors, and Special Moves) and Hidden Abilities at the PokéMart for $4,000 each. You get these instantly once they’re approved.
- You MUST put which Pokémon you are buying Breeding Moves, Move Tutors, Special Moves, or Hidden Abilities for.
- Hidden Power types must be claimed before Hidden Power can be used, regardless of how it was learned. The claim post must be linked in the Pokémon’s stats.
- To claim a Hidden Power, post in the Hidden Power Redeeming Station with the Pokémon’s species and desired HP type.
- A Pokémon’s Hidden Power can be changed at the Redeeming Station for $2,500. This service can only be used once per month, even if the Pokémon changes owners.
Pokémon Specific Rules
- Nincada itself functions as a normal Simple Basic Pokémon.
- On evolution, all EMs taught to Nincada will transfer to Ninjask (and those that change to LU will be refunded at full value). You will also get a blank Shedinja on evolution.
- All EMs on both Shedinja and Ninjask function normally (since they only transfer to Ninjask from Nincada).
- Ninjask and Shedinja have a trade value median of 4k.
- Ninjask may only be used in the Devolution Beam at no cost to change Gender; they will not return a Nincada, and no EMs will be refunded. Shedinja cannot be used in the Devolution Beam.
- Smeargle has 10 Sketches.
- Resetting a Sketch costs $500. A full reset of Sketches costs $4,000.
- Unlike the games, Primal Reversion does count as Mega Evolution and is therefore limited to once per battle. Also unlike the games, Rayquaza must be holding a Meteorite in addition to knowing Dragon Ascent to Mega Evolve; additionally, Ultra Bursting a Necrozma will count as Mega Evolution.
- Bids start at $1,000.
- Bid increments must be at least $100 but have no maximum bid. Members cannot bid a total amount greater than what they currently have.
- Auctions will end 48 hours after the last bid.
- The last person to bid gets the prize and has a week to claim it.
- All bids are non-retractable. If the winner can’t claim the prize after the time period, they will have the money removed from their stats accordingly without getting the auctioned item.
- Auctions will happen whenever they happen. Please have patience.
- A trade starts by one person posting that he/she wants to trade and the other person replies he/she will trade. Once both people agree, they trade. You must have the trade approved by a Cashier before it becomes official.
- If you are trading to evolve your Pokémon, do a trade-and-trade-back. If an item is needed during Trade Evolution, you must buy it from the PokéMart.
- You can also buy a Link Cable in the PokéMart to bypass the need for a trade-and-trade-back. You do however still need the items like Metal Coat if the evolution requires it.
- You can’t trade your Starter Pokémon to anyone. It is yours to keep forever. You can only trade-and-trade-back to evolve it, like Machoke to Machamp.
- You can’t trade any Pokémon that are participating in a current, active forum battle, tournament, or contest. If you do trade, either your trade will be canceled or the above (apply where applicable) will be declared over. This is done by Staff or an approver.
- If you decide to leave, for any reason, you may trade away any Pokémon in your stats except your Starter. These trades must be fair, to the trade supervisor’s own judgement.
- You cannot trade/trade back just so the other party can teach your Pokémon TM/HM/BM/MT/SMs.
- Trade value is based on median value. A Pokémon’s median value comes from one of four options:
- the rank of its most basic form (ex. Gyarados would be worth 4k since Magikarp is Easiest rank)
- Easiest – 4k
- Simple – 7.5k
- Medium – 15k
- Hard – 25k
- Complex – 35k
- Demanding – 47.5k
- PokéMart value
- Berry Store value + Ribbon value (2.5k for Normal, 5k for Super, 10k for Hyper)
- Normal: 5k + Ribbon = 7.5k
- Super: 10k + Ribbon = 15k
- Hyper: 15k + Ribbon = 25k
- Abra/Gastly: 20k + Ribbon = 30k
- Fossil value – Fossils are worth 15k less than their average rank value. (Add 5k for revived.)
- All Hard Fossils – 5k
- Galar/Spiritomb – 15k
- Aerodactyl – 27.5k
- Evolution Items, TMs, Daycare Moves (BMs, MTs, SMs), and Hidden Abilities added to the Pokémon will add equivalent value to the median. See the Trading Machine for more information.
- If you want to trade a Pokémon that is involved in a battle, you must wait for the battle to be finished in order to trade. If you do trade that Pokémon, your battle may be locked and your opponent will win the match.
- Don’t post in other people’s battle threads unless you have the right to.
- The Ref of the match posts the battles, unless he/she asks one of the battlers to do it for him/her.
- All battles must be physically reffed; counting one battle as many because the outcome is the same is not allowed and will be punished accordingly.
- 1v1 battles do not pay anyone under any circumstances.
- If the Pokémon is currently in battle, but you have gotten it a new TM/HM/BM/MT/SM, then you can’t use the new move(s) in that current battle.
- A Pokémon’s Hidden Power type must be linked in your stats or else it is unusable (note that HP obtained before this rule went into effect or have links on removed forums are exempt). See the above Hidden Power section for how to claim.
- If you have already beaten a Gym and obtained its badge, you can only receive the money on the second try and others.
- Pokémon can only use one ability in battle, but you can switch abilities between battles.
- If you have to leave during a FFA, you cannot give control to someone who is already participating or was knocked out. You must get someone outside the FFA to control your Pokémon.
- It is an offense to predetermine the outcome of any battle, including those used for evolution.
- Experience is obtained from meeting requirements such as using a Rare Candy. For more information on how to evolve your Pokémon and gain experience, click here and scroll down to “-How do I evolve my Pokémon?-“.
- You must write everything yourself. If you are caught stealing stories which aren’t yours, you will be (forum) banned.
- You have to post your stories/grades yourself. You can’t have someone post it for you.
- Do not harass Graders about grading your story. Feel free to contact them to see what’s up after a while, but be polite. If needed, you can contact a Head Grader to see if someone else can claim your story.
- A member may have as many RP characters as they want. However, Pokémon natures and Pokémon captured remain static across all of them.
- Once a Pokémon’s nature is chosen and brought into the Park, it cannot be changed except special through items.
- A wild Pokémon’s nature obtained from the Park are exempt from this–-their natures cannot be changed.
- Do not harass Rangers about posting in a run. If it’s been a few days, feel free to contact them to see what’s up, but stay polite. If you feel your Ranger has gone inactive and you would like a new one, post in the Abandoned Runs thread asking for someone else to take over.
- Coordinators should keep track of how many Ribbons and of which rank and attribute their Pokémon win, including multiples/duplicates.
- A Pokémon must have an equal or higher number of lower-rank Ribbons before earning multiples of a higher-rank one. For example, if someone’s Charizard has one Normal-rank Beauty Ribbon and one Super-rank Beauty Ribbon, that person cannot participate in a Super Beauty contest until they earn a second Normal Beauty Ribbon.
- You may only post work that is yours, prove-able by work-in-progress shots or some sort of signature on the piece. Posting stolen work is a banable offense.
- Do not harass Curators about curating your art. Feel free to contact them to see what’s up after a while, but be polite. If needed, you can contact the Head Curator to see if someone else can claim your work.
Section and Project Development
URPG has a discussion board that is intended for collaborative work on all aspects of URPG: new sections, events, programs, etc. These projects can be proposed, organized, and worked on by ordinary members and staff alike! The board and the guidelines for this process are located here.
Pokémon is the property of Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc., and its Pokémon and Pokémon character names are trademarks of Nintendo. URPG claims no jurisdiction over Pokémon character designs and names.
As a creative community, URPG creates concepts that may or may not be able to stand alone from Pokémon. This includes original characters, plots, and ideas created by members within and for the game. We’ve created a few standards for intellectual property (IP) on a community level:
- Members who participate in sections at the base level (for example, creating art for the Art section, stories for the Stories section, roleplaying characters/plots/threads/posts for a roleplaying section, etc.) completely retain the IP of their creations. URPG will never claim ownership of your individual characters, art, stories, or any other form of creativity that is used while participating in the game.
- The IP of plots, contents, and mechanics created explicitly for and used by URPG belong to URPG as an entity, under rules similar for ‘for hire’ work. Examples of this are section mechanics, RP plots, etc. created explicitly to be used in a section for URPG. This IP does not change or transfer with leaderships and does not belong to any one leader within the URPG. They are URPG’s collectively as a game and as a community.
- The above being said, explicit creators of individual ideas for sections may use the same ideas that they contributed to URPG elsewhere in addition to using them in URPG. For example, if Person A created the Stories section for URPG, they can decide to replicate the Stories system elsewhere, but they cannot remove the Stories section from URPG without a decision made by the community as a whole.
Banner by TheProtobabe
This is a list of Staff positions. Section Staff have their own threads which are linked at the end.
Note that any Staff/Staff Alumni/Content Upkeepers are also Approvers.
Three Teams Members
Referees – Gold
Graders – evanfardreamer
Judges – Gold
Rangers – K’sariya
Curators – K’sariya and VeloJello
Arbiters – K’sariya
Tournament/Special Event Chairmen
Battles – Gold
Stories – Elrond, evanfardreamer
Park – K’sariya
Contests – Gold
Art – K’sariya and VeloJello
Morphic – K’sariya
*If you want to run a Tournament/Special Event, you must ask one of the above.
Minor offenses (warnings)
- excessive use of explicit language,
- use of racist, sexist, etc. slurs,
- disregarding Discord rules (spamming emojis, display name without forum name, server-hopping).
Major offenses (warnings; possibility of 1 week chat ban, money penalties)
- severe minor offense, or a pattern of minor offenses despite multiple warnings,
- abuse of section rules,
- insulting or harassment of other members (flaming, trolling, baiting),
- posting sexually suggestive content.
Critical offenses (immediate chat ban or penalty; possibility of section or URPG bans, forced restarts, etc.)
- severe major offense, or a pattern of major offenses despite warnings,
- plagiarism in creative sections,
- money or stats cheating,
- creating clone accounts,
- posting sexually explicit content, sexual harassment of other members.
If you have a problem with another member (cheating; Referees aren’t fair or doing a poor job; Graders too hard; etc…), DO NOT post your complaint in the forum. There will be no arguments, flaming, or fighting in the URPG boards. Please IM messages to talk to the other person, or you can always contact a Moderator/Official and they can help figure a way to deal with it.
These are people who are NOT allowed in the URPG. Some of the ways to get banned: steal the URPG for your own site; causing problems for other members; cheating. Message one of the moderators for all banning problems and concerns.
Pokémon Trainer Red
Abz Rulez / Metagross Fan/ Alakazam 360 / Groudon6_6_6
Blazeiken12 / AquaMeowth
Amakiir / Grayling Murdock
Have an idea? A question about one of the rules? Go to the URPG Related Chat thread and post what you have to say. Check the above rules first – your question might already be answered.
URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions
Online Chat Room
The URPG makes use of Discord, a web, downloadable client, and mobile app made for communication with gamers in mind. It features both text channels and voice chat. The chats are almost always busy and it’s a great way to meet nearly everyone in the URPG. Please remember this Chat is considered an extension of the forum, so linking to porn or vulgar discussions within it are considered inappropriate. To a lesser extent, we also exist on Skype. The permanent Discord link is here.
Now that you have read the rules, or at least glanced at them, you may apply for your starter Pokémon at Starter Requests and begin the fun at The Ultra RPG. Please respect the rules, members, and staff. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to read each forum’s respective rules (whichever you’re active in). Thanks!